If you’ve been hit by a drunk driver, a Rock Hill drunk driving accident lawyer can help you receive monetary compensation. The Elrod Pope Law Firm represents drunk driving victims in Rock Hill, SC.
Drunk driving victims have the right to compensation under South Carolina law. Our law firm can represent you. It’s important that we act quickly to preserve the evidence in your case.
Start your case today. Call or message us to discuss your situation and begin.
What Does a Drunk Driving Accident Lawyer Do?
A drunk driving accident lawyer is a licensed attorney who represents drunk driving accident victims. They help their client to receive fair compensation when they are harmed by a drunk driver.
Representation may include a formal legal claim and court appearances plus case investigation, building the case, and settlement negotiations. They take care of the legal process for their client, who has been hurt by a drunk driver.
Lawyers for Drunk Driving Accident Victims, Serving Rock Hill
When you’re hit by a drunk driver, you may receive financial compensation. A lawyer for drunk driving accident victims assists you in seeking your payment. Elrod Pope Law Firm can represent you. We are lawyers for drunk driving accident victims serving Rock Hill, SC, and the surrounding areas.
The process of getting your compensation is a civil legal claim. Your claim is separate and in addition to any criminal charges brought against the person. A civil claim is about the victim – their losses, the compensation they deserve, and justice.
The drunk driver is liable to pay you compensation, but you must take action to claim it. Other parties, like a bar or restaurant that served the person alcohol, may have liability, too. As your legal team, we investigate, build your case and pursue the compensation you deserve.
Compensation for South Carolina Drunk Driving Injuries
- Victims of drunk driving accidents may receive financial compensation for economic and non-economic damages.
- South Carolina law defines drunk driving as driving under the influence to the extent that the person’s faculties to drive are materially and appreciably impaired.
- Drunk driving is inferred with a bodily alcohol content of .08 or more.
- Punitive damages may be awarded because of the offensive and extremely reckless nature of drunk driving.
- Even if there is no criminal conviction or even charges, a victim may bring a drunk driving claim.
- A drunk driving accident lawyer can represent you in the claims process.
Drunk driving accidents are entirely presentable. We want the person or parties responsible to be held accountable. We want the victims to receive fair financial compensation and justice – the kind that comes from capable and thorough legal representation.
To see how Elrod Pope Law Firm can assist you, contact us today for your consultation.
How Our DUI Accident Lawyers Can Help
As your drunk driving accident lawyer, we can assist you with the following:
- Preserving evidence
- Interpreting chemical test results
- Explaining how the person’s faculties to operate a vehicle were impaired
- Proving causation of the accident and damages
- Knowing what damages you can claim, including pain and suffering, and emotional anguish
- Determining if any parties may be liable in addition to the driver
- Pursuing your case, including through the insurance company, filing a legal claim, negotiating a settlement, and taking your case to trial
- Examining and addressing legal issues that may apply
- Answering your questions and guiding you through the claims process
Grounds for Compensation for a Drunk Driving Accident
A drunk driver who causes an accident may be both criminal and civilly liable. Criminal liability is prosecuted by the state or local government body on behalf of the public. The purpose is for the offender to answer to the public for breaking the law.
On the other hand, a civil drunk driving case is about the victim and their injuries. It is about the driver being responsible for their actions and the amount of compensation the victim deserves.
In South Carolina, violation of a criminal statute of negligence per se in a civil matter. A party who is responsible for drunk driving is automatically assumed to be negligent. The victim doesn’t have to prove that drunk driving is a breach of the standard of care. Drunk driving is against the law, so it is negligence.
In addition, negligence per se is evidence of recklessness, so that the jury may consider awarding punitive damages in addition to other compensation. Fairchild v. SCDOT, 385 S.C. 344 (S.C. Ct. App. 2009).
Free Consultation – Taking New Cases
We believe that drunk driving victims deserve justice. When you’re injured in a drunk driving accident, start with a free consultation with the Elrod Pope Law Firm. We represent injured victims, including adults and children, and families who have lost a loved one because of a drunk driving accident.
To speak to a Rock Hill Drunk Driving Accident Lawyer, call (803) 599-3080, or message us now for your consultation.