Areas Of Practice
Medical Malpractice and Social Security Disability
Jack Leader began practicing law in 1971 and has served on both plaintiff and defense cases. He prosecuted cases for the City of Rock Hill for three years and also became the Assistant Solicitor for York County for 9 years. He was also allowed to practice law in a private law firm at the same time. During those years, he tried a multitude of personal injury accident cases for the Plaintiff as well as handled a number of Medical Malpractice cases for both Plaintiffs and Defendants.
Since joining the firm in 1989, Jack has practiced exclusively in representing clients injured in accidents or through doctor/hospital negligence, and Social Security Disability cases.
Jack has made it his mission to try to help people even if he could not represent them on a given set of facts. For matters outside of Elrod Pope’s practice specialty, it has been our policy to refer those persons to attorneys that might be able to answer their questions or give them excellent representation. We are inclined to be very selective in the cases actually pursued.
Jack was one of the founding members and former director and past-president of Hospice and Community Care in Rock Hill. He has also been actively involved in many civic and community activities by serving on numerous city and county boards.
- J.D., University of South Carolina School of Law, 1970
- B.A., University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, 1967
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
- State of South Carolina, 1970
- District of South Carolina Federal Court, 1971
- Supreme Court of United States of America, 1974
- United States Court of Federal Claims, 2011
Professional & Bar Association Memberships
- York County Bar Association
Member: since 1971
- South Carolina Bar Association
Member: since 1970
- South Carolina Association for Justice
Member: since 1971
- American Associaton for Justice
Member: since 1990
- The National Trial Lawyers Top 100
Member: since 2014
- AV Rated – Martindale
- Worldwide Registry Member
- The Global Who’s Who Member