During the summer, many of us decide to go on vacation. Here are some useful tips that you should follow to reach your destination safely.
Plan ahead :
- Make sure to check your trip itinerary details often before departing.
- Use a GPS.
- Plan on visiting a few places on your way in case of bad weather or gained extra time.
- Plan to avoid peak traffic hours to travel.
Do a car inspection prior to your trip (few key points):
- Check the battery and air conditioning system.
- Fill up the car with gas.
- Check the air pressure in your car’s tires.
- Do not overload the car with belongings.
Safety tips :
- Be sure to buckle up, especially your children.
- Do not drink and drive.
- Take breaks regularly and share the driving.
- Do not forget snacks and water!
Thomas E. Pope is a Personal Injury, Wrongful Death, and Medical Malpractice Attorney who practices in Rock Hill, Lake Wylie, and Lancaster, SC. He graduated from the University of South Carolina School of Law, and has been practicing law for 31 years now. Thomas E. Pope believes in protecting the injured. Learn more about his experience here.