During the summer, many of us decide to go on vacation. Here are some useful tips that you should follow to reach your destination safely.
Plan ahead :
- Make sure to check your trip itinerary details often before departing.
- Use a GPS.
- Plan on visiting a few places on your way in case of bad weather or gained extra time.
- Plan to avoid peak traffic hours to travel.
Do a car inspection prior to your trip (few key points):
- Check the battery and air conditioning system.
- Fill up the car with gas.
- Check the air pressure in your car’s tires.
- Do not overload the car with belongings.
Safety tips :
- Be sure to buckle up, especially your children.
- Do not drink and drive.
- Take breaks regularly and share the driving.
- Do not forget snacks and water!