Hurt on the job? Work with our Fort Mill, SC, workers’ compensation lawyers to get the benefits you deserve. We represent injured workers at all stages in the workers’ compensation process.
Contact our injury lawyers now to talk about your case. We can represent you starting today.
Lawyers Representing Injured Workers in Fort Mill
We are lawyers who represent injured workers and their families in Fort Mill, SC.
If you have been:
- Denied your benefits
- Given the inappropriate amount of compensation (too little for income or disability)
- Waiting too long to get your benefits
The Elrod Pope lawyers want to help you. The workers’ compensation process in South Carolina is meant to be a hassle-free system for injured employees. However, sometimes, it can be frustrating and confusing. It can be hard to determine what benefits you deserve and how to claim them. The insurance company may deny your benefits, try to make things difficult for you, or simply refuse to respond to your claim.
Whatever your situation, our Fort Mill, SC, workers’ compensation lawyers are here to assist you. By having a team of professionals on your side, you can pursue your case with a legal strategy that is personalized for you. Our experienced team understands the system, how the insurance companies try to deny claims, and what needs to happen to pursue justice.
To learn more and get started, contact our law firm now. Call or message us to begin.
Workers’ Compensation Benefits in South Carolina
Workers’ compensation benefits fall into three categories:
- Medical treatment: The injured worker may receive medical care without personal cost. Care continues until they recover as much as possible.
- Income benefits: If your injuries prevent you from working or if they decrease your income, you may receive replacement income payments. These payments are a percentage of your previous income.
- Permanent disability: When injuries do not fully heal, the worker should be compensated for what they have lost. Benefits for permanent disability are available to a worker who has a lasting medical impairment following treatment.
If you are denied any of these benefits, you may bring a workers’ compensation claim. The purpose of the workers’ compensation system is to help injured workers quickly and minimize the adversarial process.
A person who is hurt on the job does not have to prove that the injury is the employer’s fault. Negligence is not required. The injured worker can claim medical treatment, income benefits, and permanent disability on a no-fault basis.
Legal Help in Fort Mill for Your Workers’ Compensation Claim
Here are some of the ways that we assist people with workers’ compensation claims:
- Filing your claim in the right way and in the appropriate time frame
- Guidance on what to do immediately if you are hurt at work
- Explanation of the mistakes people make that can hurt a claim
- Proving that your injuries are work related
- Calculation of what the correct income benefits should be
- Making sure permanent disability is correctly identified and paid
- Medical verification of your injuries and the treatment required
- Preparing the right expert medical testimony for your hearing
- Representing you at hearings and appeals
- Answering your questions, giving you the information that you need to make decisions
Our team knows what things to evaluate as we work through your case. Each injured person has their own story. We identify the things that are essential for your situation. Then we address them with the evidence and a legal strategy that gets results.
We are experienced, courtroom lawyers. If your case proceeds to a hearing, we can represent you. We also handle appeals. Our law firm assists with all stages of a workers’ compensation claim, from the initial injury through hearings and appeals.
Workers’ Compensation Claims in Fort Mill, SC
Fort Mill, South Carolina is home to 25,000 people. Residents work at employers in the town and in the greater Charlotte area. Businesses in the area include Carolina Crown Drum and Bugle Corps, LPL Financial, Continental Tire the Americas, LLC, CompuCom Systems, Diversey, Inc, Domtar, AECOM, Shutterfly, and Daimler Trucks North America. Fort Mill residents work for these companies as well as for the many small businesses located in and near the town.
Any employer with four or more employees must have workers’ compensation coverage. Part-time employees and family members count. South Carolina laws apply to workers’ compensation claims in Fort Mill.
Talk to a Workers’ Comp Lawyer – Consultations Available Now
Being hurt at work can be a physically and mentally difficult time. You can have legal help with your workers’ compensation claim.
For a consultation, contact our Fort Mill, SC, workers’ compensation lawyers for the Elrod Pope Law Firm. See how we may assist you. Get answers to your specific questions.
Call or message us today.