What if My Employer Will Not Report My Injury to Their Workers’ Compensation Insurance Carrier?

The failure of an employer to report a workplace injury to the appropriate party is a violation of the law. If your employer fails to report the injury, the first thing that you should do is to hire an experienced workers’ compensation attorney. The second thing that you should do is to file your workers’ compensation claim with the South Carolina workers’ compensation commission on your own to ensure that you are not denied benefits (remember, you have two years from the date that your workplace accident occurred to file a claim for benefits).

Depending upon the circumstance, you may also consider filing a complaint directly against your employer with the South Carolina Human Affairs Commission. Your employer is legally barred from retaliating against you if you do decide to file a complaint.

The most important thing that you can do is to seek medical treatment for your injuries and to file your doctor’s orders. If you need to, you should file your workers’ compensation claim on your own be diligent throughout the process. An attorney at Elrod Pope can advise you from there. Contact us today!

Elrod Pope Main Logo

Get in touch with us today to get started with your FREE case review. We’re only a call, click, or short drive away.