If you need a tow truck accident lawyer in Rock Hill, SC, contact Elrod Pope Accident & Injury Attorneys. We represent people who are hurt in truck accidents in Rock Hill, including those involving tow vehicles. Call or message us now to discuss your case.
Lawyers for Motor Vehicle Accidents Involving Tow Trucks
Our lawyers can assist you with the unique issues that are often present when an accident involves a tow truck. Tow trucks are large and heavy vehicles. You likely have significant injuries and damages. We help you receive the compensation you deserve under the law. We may assist you with the following:
- Pursuing your case when injuries are significant and damages are great
- Determining what business entities are involved and who may be liable to pay compensation
- Claims involving moving vehicles or when a tow truck is stopped on the roadway
- Incidents relating to a vehicle that is poorly secured to the tow truck for towing
- Researching what insurance policies may provide coverage
- Using accident reconstruction, witness testimony, and other evidence to prove your case
A person who is in an accident with a tow truck may qualify to receive financial compensation. South Carolina car accident liability rules apply, like negligence and recklessness. Our lawyers understand the steps that may be needed when a claim involves a tow truck.
Call or message our Rock Hill tow truck accident lawyers now for a case review. We can start your case today.
Causes of Tow Truck Accidents
Here are some ways tow truck accidents occur:
- The tow truck is parked in a way that obstructs traffic
- Improper lane change because of the truck’s large blind spot
- Poorly designed vehicles or malfunctioning vehicles because of inadequate maintenance
- Failing to adequately secure the vehicle being towed to the truck
- Not being able to see the tow truck’s rear lights, including brake lights
- Careless and reckless driving to arrive at the scene of a disabled vehicle
- Violations of the rules of the road, including following too closely, failing to stop for a traffic light or stop sign
- Inadequate training or hiring a driver that is not qualified
- Distracted driving, drunk driving
A tow truck accident may be specifically related to the design or function of a tow truck, or it may be because of a violation of traffic laws that apply to everyone. Either way, principles of negligence and South Carolina liability laws for traffic accidents apply.
Types of tow trucks
- Flatbed, rollback tow truck
- Hook and chain
- Integrated tow trucks
- Wheel lift tow trucks
- Oversized towing vehicles
There are several types of tow trucks with different designs. A flatbed tow truck carries a vehicle entirely on its bed. Hook and chain and wheel lift trucks lift half the tires for towing while some wheels being towed roll on the ground.
An integrated tow truck serves heavy vehicles like buses and trucks. They have an extra axle to handle the pressure. The design of the tow truck may be an important question in what caused the accident.
Compensation for a Tow Truck Accident
The compensation you receive for a tow truck accident is based on financial and personal losses. Some of your damages are economic, like medical bills and property damage. Other losses are personal, including physical pain and emotional anguish.
You may claim compensation for the following:
- Medical bills
- Replacement income if you can’t work
- Property damage, including vehicle damage
- Physical pain and suffering
- Mental injuries and anguish
- Disability, disfigurement, and scars
- Harm to lifestyle
The payment that the victim receives should reflect individual losses. With most tow truck accidents, damages are significant. Our lawyers can review your situation and evaluate what your claim may be worth. We can explore factors that impact your payment amount.
How do I get compensation for a tow truck accident?
To get compensation for a tow truck accident, you must prove who has legal liability and your right to compensation. You must bring a claim. Often this involves filing a formal legal claim, and it may also include negotiating a settlement directly with an insurance company. You must prove your right to compensation. A lawyer can represent you.
The Dangers of Tow Truck Crashes in Rock Hill
There are dozens of tow truck companies operating in and near Rock Hill, SC. As South Carolina’s fifth-largest city, the City of Rock Hill sits in York County with a population of approximately 75,000. Tow truck companies serve residents and visitors for a variety of purposes, including clearing an accident, disabled vehicles, moving large vehicles and structures, and removing vehicles from no-parking zones.
Talk to a Tow Truck Accident Lawyer in Rock Hill, SC
If you have been in an accident, you can talk to a tow truck accident lawyer now. Call the Elrod Pope Accident & Injury Attorneys for a consultation regarding your situation. We can represent you in all aspects of your compensation claim. Contact us now.