*Any results achieved on behalf of one client do not necessarily indicate similar results can be obtained for other clients.
- Settlement against three companies after Client struck a detached tractor trailer wheel assembly while traveling down the interstate, resulting in severe neck and back injuries.
- A settlement involving electrocution and severe electrical burns of a father and son that were moving farm equipment, which came in contact with a power line that was erected in violation of the electrical safety code.
- Wrongful Death settlement involving a defective airbag.
- A settlement involving the wrongful death of a young man, against a South Carolina company whose driver crossed the center line.
- A settlement involving the negligent design and construction of bicycle path that caused plaintiff to crash on his bicycle rendering him a paraplegic.
- Wrongful death settlement in which a corporation failed to terminate an employee who had been involved in multiple at-fault collisions. The employee then crossed the center line, causing a head-on collision that resulted in the death of our client.
- Co-counsel in a settlement involving a commercial vehicle rear-ending our Plaintiff, causing traumatic brain injury.
- A verdict rendered in Charleston Federal Court in a wrongful death case against a County Detention Center and 5 correctional officers. In addition to the verdict, the Court awarded approximately another $300,000 in attorney fees and costs.
- Wrongful death settlement against a tractor-trailer driver. The settlement was for the full amount of all available insurance coverage.
- Wrongful death settlement against the driver of a pickup truck who lost control of his vehicle while traveling down the interstate and ultimately struck an embankment in the median, resulting in the deaths of two passengers. The settlement was for the entire amount of all available insurance coverage.
- Settlement due to Defendants negligent road construction of a local highway causing Plaintiffs to crash with another car resulting in severe orthopedic injuries.
- Settlement against a county jail and their contracted medical provider for the wrongful death of an inmate.
- Aproduct liability case where two young girls were burned by defective golf cart batteries after a golf cart tipped over and battery acid leaked out.
- Wrongful death settlement against a security guard company for negligently providing security.
- A settlement involving motor vehicle collision resulting in orthopedic injuries.
- This $600,000 settlement is in addition to other money placed into a Medicare approved MSA for Claimants future medical needs.
- A settlement against an apartment complex for failure to provide proper security after a resident was assaulted and sustained a traumatic brain injury.
Slip & Fall
- A settlement involving a slip and fall resulting in a broken ankle.
Neck & Back Injury
- An injured worker fell off a loading dock at work, injuring his neck and back, and sustaining a mild traumatic brain injury.
Spinal Cord Injury
- An injured worker who sustained an incomplete spinal cord injury to his neck at work. This $634,000 settlement is in addition to other money placed into a Medicare approved MSA for the injured workers’ future medical needs.
- A surveyor was struck by a tree limb while working causing traumatic brain injury. This $400,000 settlement is in addition to lifetime medical treatment for the injured worker and future attendant care paid to the injured workers spouse.
Spinal Cord Injury
- Claimant fell at work injuring his neck – sustaining an incomplete spinal cord injury. Initially, the insurance company denied the claim.
- An injured worker was electrocuted and died at work. Prior to obtaining Elrod Pope, the insurance company offered to pay only $40,000. After the case was tried and appealed, the injured worker’s family was awarded the maximum amount of compensation allowed in WC in 2012.
- An injured worker sustained a neck injury resulting in multi-level cervical fusion rendering him totally disabled.
- A worker inhaled toxic chemicals at work causing lung injuries.
- For an injured worker who sustained a traumatic brain injury.
Partial Foot Amputation
- Injured worker had his 4 of his 5 toes amputated after being crushed at work.
- Awarded to a wife for past-due attendant care for taking care of her husband that suffered a brain injury while working.
Repetitive Strain Injury
- Diesel mechanic injured one shoulder at work, then developed opposite shoulder problems due to over-use, rendering him totally disabled.
Neck & Back Injury
- A hospice nurse injured her neck and back at work. After appealing her case to the Court of Appeals, Elrod Pope Law firm was successful in obtaining a total disability award and lifetime medical to her neck and back.
- A construction worker sustained bilateral knee injuries after falling at work.