*Any results achieved on behalf of one client do not necessarily indicate similar results can be obtained for other clients.
- Settlement against three tractor-trailer companies after the defendant crashed into client’s vehicle causing severe neck and back injuries.
- A settlement involving electrocution and severe electrical burns of a father and son that were moving farm equipment, which came in contact with a power line that was erected in violation of the electrical safety code.
- Wrongful Death settlement involving a defective airbag.
- A settlement involving the wrongful death of a young man, against a South Carolina company whose driver crossed the center line.
- A settlement involving the negligent design and construction of bicycle path that caused plaintiff to crash on his bicycle rendering him a paraplegic.
- Co-counsel in a settlement involving a commercial vehicle rear-ending our Plaintiff, causing traumatic brain injury.
- A verdict rendered in Charleston Federal Court in a wrongful death case against a County Detention Center and 5 correctional officers. In addition to the verdict, the Court awarded approximately another $300,000 in attorney fees and costs.
- Wrongful death settlement against a tractor-trailer driver. The settlement was for the full amount of all available insurance coverage.
- Settlement due to Defendants negligent road construction of a local highway causing Plaintiffs to crash with another car resulting in severe orthopedic injuries.
- Settlement against a county jail and their contracted medical provider for the wrongful death of an inmate.
- Wrongful death settlement against a security guard company for negligently providing security.
- A settlement involving motor vehicle collision resulting in orthopedic injuries.
- A settlement against an apartment complex for failure to provide proper security after a resident was assaulted and sustained a traumatic brain injury.
Slip & Fall
- A settlement involving a slip and fall resulting in a broken ankle.
- This $600,000 settlement is in addition to other money placed into a Medicare approved MSA for Claimants future medical needs.
Neck & Back Injury
- An injured worker fell off a loading dock at work, injuring his neck and back, and sustaining a mild traumatic brain injury.
Spinal Cord Injury
- An injured worker who sustained an incomplete spinal cord injury to his neck at work. This $634,000 settlement is in addition to other money placed into a Medicare approved MSA for the injured workers’ future medical needs.
- A surveyor was struck by a tree limb while working causing traumatic brain injury. This $400,000 settlement is in addition to lifetime medical treatment for the injured worker and future attendant care paid to the injured workers spouse.
Spinal Cord Injury
- Claimant fell at work injuring his neck – sustaining an incomplete spinal cord injury. Initially, the insurance company denied the claim.
- An injured worker was electrocuted and died at work. Prior to obtaining Elrod Pope, the insurance company offered to pay only $40,000. After the case was tried and appealed, the injured worker’s family was awarded the maximum amount of compensation allowed in WC in 2012.
- An injured worker sustained a neck injury resulting in multi-level cervical fusion rendering him totally disabled.
- A worker inhaled toxic chemicals at work causing lung injuries.
- For an injured worker who sustained a traumatic brain injury.
Partial Foot Amputation
- Injured worker had his 4 of his 5 toes amputated after being crushed at work.
- Awarded to a wife for past-due attendant care for taking care of her husband that suffered a brain injury while working.
Repetitive Strain Injury
- Diesel mechanic injured one shoulder at work, then developed opposite shoulder problems due to over-use, rendering him totally disabled.
Neck & Back Injury
- A hospice nurse injured her neck and back at work. After appealing her case to the Court of Appeals, Elrod Pope Law firm was successful in obtaining a total disability award and lifetime medical to her neck and back.
- A construction worker sustained bilateral knee injuries after falling at work.